This time of the year can be very busy and exciting with kids returning to school. While our kids are busy learning their times tables, developing, and growing it is also important for our kids to be mindful of their health and well-being in the classroom across the year.
Kids don’t often think about the impact that common activities like sitting in a classroom, carrying a heavy school bag or even excessive screen time can have on their overall health and well-being.
Here are a few key things to try to keep your child mindful of,
– Get your school bag checked by your regular chiropractor ensuring it’s adjusted correctly to optimize their comfort and spinal health.
– Pack a healthy and nutritious lunch and snacks.
– In the classroom, sit with your shoulders back and relax, with both feet on the floor.
– Try and reduce your screen time where possible.
– Avoid tech neck by keeping all devices at eye level so they’re not looking down.
You can do this by propping devices on stacked textbook or a laptop stand on their desk.
– Get at least 60 minutes of exercise every day.
– Maintain regular chiropractic visits at least each school holiday to ensure your child’s spine is developing as optimally as it can.